Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BLOGGING IDEAS FOR 2010?!

I am going to hit the ground running in 2010 with blogging. I am not the greatest writer but would like to get better as well as connect people with what is going on the Auburn/Opelika area. I have put a great deal of thought into a system to what’s coming up so people will want to come back to read. Since Monday mornings are so hard to face sometimes I am going to post an original blog every Monday morning. Help me come up with a name!! I was thinking “Monday morning’s with Ashley” but not sold on the title…let me know your ideas! The layout I have come up with is below. Send some feedback on this too. If you gmail it is easy to become a follower. Just click to follow blog with that login info. If not, you can quickly set up an account to follow and get notification as new blogs are posted.



1st Monday of the month: Auburn/Opelika Neighborhood Review
This will be highlighting different neighborhoods with pictures, quotes from residents, upcoming events for the neighborhood and possible homes for sale. I will start next week blogging about my neighborhood, Camden Ridge.

2nd Monday of the month: Upcoming/Review of Local Events
There are many things that are happening in our area. Each month I would like to talk about some upcoming events and review past ones that I have heard about or attended. For example this month I will talk about Christmas in a Railroad town and discuss things to do in January and February in the area.  This will include events/updates about Ella too.  Stories and pics like yesterday blogs are enjoyable too!


3rd Monday of the month: Local Restaurant Review
Those who know me will not be surprised this is the one I am most excited about. I want to visit some local places and write about service, food, etc. I have a good many places in mind but you can tell me about your favorite places in the area.

4th Monday of the month: What’s happening in the local market?
This week will review the previous month’s housing stats dealing with sold properties in Auburn/Opelika as well as how many houses are currently on the market and some analysis of what direction things seem to be going.

If applicable: 5th Monday of the month: WILDCARD
This can include guest blogs, updates of current events, etc. Any ideas….?


Your thoughts are wanted…post here or back on Facebook and have a great New Year!  Check back tomorrow for blog about why 2010 is a going to be a good year to purchase real estate...

Ashley Miller - AshleyDMiller.com

2 comments:

  1. I actually think it is a great name for the blog. Congrats on the new arrival. Rosetta Eva and I are sooooo happy to hear the great news. The layout is great. You really hit the nail on the head with this blog, especially for the new people that arrive in Auburn, and have no idea what goes on here. Thanks for this blog it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Francesco! Glad you enjoy reading and glad you guys are getting settled in the area!

    ReplyDelete